Before I post this, I want to say thanks to everyone who offered condolences on my poor little kitty. It was a tough time, but knowing that I had friends out there really helped. Me and Velvet are doing ok. I think she knows he's gone, and she seems to miss him a bit, especially when I'm being boring! She wants someone to play with. It hasn't helped that I'm SICK this week!!! I have a terrible cold, and can hardly lift my head off the pillow today. Its taking a lot of energy to post this, but the doctor said I should be better by tomorrow. Once again, thanks so much. I appreciate the kind thoughts.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like wool, Merino, silk, alpaca. I'm not a big fan of acrylic or cotton, though I have been knitting with Knit Picks Shine (worsted and sport weight) and I really like it!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have an expandable coupon holder for most of my double points, though my previous SP sent me two awesome holders that I've been using for my Knit Picks needles.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting on and off for a while. I really got obsessed with knitting in the fall of 2004, when I moved to Maryland (don't live there any more) and Woolwinders was right down the road from my apartment. It was awesome!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do. Check in my side bar.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I'm in love with Bath and Body Works' new Ile de Tahiti Tiarre Flower scent. I dont' usually like floral scents. I'm more of a fruity/baked goods kind of girl.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Ummm... chocolate. I always say I'm trying to be good... but right now, I don't care!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I enjoy beading and used to love to cross stitch. I'd like to learn to do mosaics. I do spin a little bit. I'm planning on taking a class here in a few weeks.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like everything except country and rap. I'm a huge fan of indie rock. I have an Ipod.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like lots of colors. Reds and pinks might be my faves, but I like blues and greens and purples, too. Not a HUGE orange fan - unless its burnt orange. Then I love it!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have (sigh) one cat
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, and mittens - though not in the spring and summer.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to knit socks, but I have so much sock yarn. I'm more into smaller projects these days. I'd love to do some fair isle mittens.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks and putting the finishing touches on the Lizard Ridge blanket.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular aluminum. I love addis and Knit Picks needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both, though I hate my yarn winder.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Old... six months or more.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Does yarn count?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have an Interweave subscription. I do have a knitting book wish list off on the side bar.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm still trying to master fair isle.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I wear a 7 1/2 shoe.
23. When is your birthday?