Lace? Not just lace... lace knitted from mohair. Seriously, was I smoking crack when I thought that this wouldn't be too much of a challenge? First off, a picture of my current WIP.
From the Spring/Summer 2005 issue of
The project was started out with size 6 Denise needles. However, I quickly realized that the join was going to be completely awful for this project. For some reason, the Denise cords are about as big as a size 5 needle, and it makes small projects difficult, especially if you are a tight knitter. Once I realized this, I ripped out the bit that I cast on. I made my way to Woolwinders in search of Addi Turbos, since their join is smooth. Woolwinders, however, was out of 6'es. This is alright, because I'm a tight knitter. I pick up some Addi Turbo size 7's. Last Wednesday, at Knitty Meetup, I started to cast-on with my Addi Turbos. I didn't get very far, when
Here are some pictures of the progress as of Sunday night.
There has been more progress since then, but I'm rather stuck. I have a few e-mails out to people, like Vogue Knitting Technical Support, who may be able to help. The pattern is just weird... because the directions do NOT follow the pattern stitch whatsoever. Oh well, hopefully it will work out.
In other news, I'm currently in NYC. My camera is all out of batteries, and I have taken no pictures whatsoever. I'm going to get batteries tonight so that I can take pictures of my new stash enhancement, but before I do that, I'll leave with some pictures of the satchel. I did finish it before I left for NYC, but no batteries means no pictures.